El Chupete is the First International Festival for Kids Advertising and Communication. An independent festival whose mission is to annually award and recognize the best creative work with values, directed to kids.
This festival looks to give professional recognition to all of the advertisers, advertising agencies, and producers who invest a large part of their efforts into this type of communication. To reward responsible communication.
El Chupete is a festival supported by the most important associations in the industry. We have the strong believe that by raising awareness in advertisers, agencies, media and educational professionals of the great importance that communication has and the responsibility that it entails, we will all contribute to the protection of children.
By promoting this International Festival we want to share the purpose and objectives jof this unique event with all those advertisers and advertising agencies that care for the values of responsible communication towards kids.
El Chupete awards the best communication for kids in the following principal media categories:
- CINEMA / TV
- DIGITAL / INTERACTIVE
- POS – POINT ON SALE ADVERTISING
- MUSIC, JINGLES AND RADIO
- MASCOT / KID PERSONALITY
- KIDS EVENTS
- PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGNS
- BRANDED CONTENT
- SOCIAL CAMPAIGN
- COMMUNICATION, PRESS & PR CAMPAIGNS
- TELEVISION: ANIMATED SERIES AIMED AT CHILDREN
- CINEMA: FILMS AIMED AT CHILDREN
- TELEVISION: TV SHOWS AIMED AT CHILDREN
- BOOKS & MAGAZINES
- THEATRE AND MUSICAL WORKS
- BEST PRODUCTION
In addition to awarding the best creative works, El Chupete attempts to create a forum of reflection regarding the problems and opportunities in the kids advertising and communication market. This is developed through conferences, colloquiums, and round tables about the latest trends in kids advertising, in which the participants include the leading professionals, researchers, and specialists in the field.
(1) Kids advertising is defined as all the advertising of products or services whose final target market is the kid. In terms of age, we consider the kids market to be children and teens from 0 to 17 years. This advertising need not be exclusive; in other words it can be communication directed to the child, to parents, or to the entire family.